I am pleased to announce that starting tomorrow, I am back on point.
Over the weekend my sister told me that I look preggo.. and unfortunately, I am not. This has left me very upset and angry, so I have channeled that energy into hitting up the gym the last 2 nights. Since I had to go food shopping (went tonight!) I will be starting to eat 'cleaner' tomorrow.
It is bad enough that my own blood could say that, and embarrass me in front of others by pointing it out, but she was right. After hearing it, or admitting to myself that I let myself go, naturally I have been pretty upset and found myself crying today over it. How could someone say that? How could she pat my belly and laugh hysterically? How could she point it out to a family friend? I'm hurt, yet mad. Get me?
I'm back on track tomorrow. I love reading all of your blogs, and each of you are so inspirational, so I will be here cheering all of you on, and hopefully pick up some tips along the way. :-)
Thanks for listening to me...
This is gonna be rough, but I'm ready! FINALLY!!
Friday Faves
5 years ago
I'm sorry that happened, I would be so upset. Try and take it slow and don't let others bring you down.
ReplyDeleteThat is really hard to deal with and family can be so cruel at times without even knowing it. Just remember that you are beautiful and to take Irene's advice. One day at a time you can totally attack your goals and get to where you want to be. Baby steps :)
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!!
oh wow...that is hard! i've gotten some comments like that before and it's rough...but pick yourself up and move on! you can do this!
ReplyDeleteThat's absolutely out of bounds for sisters! My sisters and I would NEVER say things like that to each other in PRIVATE, let alone in front of others. Don't let the hard feelings fester, though. Tell your sister how it made you feel if you didn't already. And forgive her even if she blows it off. That way your health is not adversely affected.
ReplyDeleteSending hugs your way.