Saturday, May 09, 2009

Saturday-ness

What a crappy Saturday here in NYC. Warm. Humid. Muggy. and Cloudy. yuck.

Since this is my last weekend from between now and oh, the end of June- I had to take care of things around the house. This usually translates to food shopping and the weekly run to Target. boo. Now, normally I love spending my hub's hard-earned money on useless shit at Target, but today I just wasn't feeling it. I bought the essentials-- tissues, soap, etc. then I bolted. Upon my travels back to our teeny tiny apartment I decided to get off at the 'rich exit'. Please. What was I thinking? The houses here are HUGE. (JLo is rumored to be living in this area.. as she had her twins in the hospital an exit away). Seeing the size of those houses just depressed me b/c we really need to sell this place but the market sucks and no one wants a 500 square foot apartment. Kind of irritates me because Hubs and I should have never bought it, but we couldn't afford a house (at the time) and thought this was the best option. stupid.

Anyways, I'm rambling.

Then I headed to Whole Foods.. picked up coconut water (after seeing it on so many blogs) and some homemade raviolis for dinner.. go up to the register.. and I forgot my wallet in the car. UGH.

So I left there and went to a more reasonably priced supermarket and did our food shopping for the week. At this point it is 2pm and I'm getting weak.. all I ate was a banana. I knew I was going to be bad when I got home.. just how bad...?

Got home and scarfed down a plate of tortilla chips with melted cheese. MY FAAAAAAAAV!

then I cleaned the apartment..

then ate a big huge bowl of pasta.

now I'm on my second glass of wine. LOL.

Oh well, we all need a cheat day, right??

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday was my major cheat day. I did ok up until we went the guys poker night at one of Drew's co-workers...there I woofed down two plates of food! It was so good but I slept like crap afterword... and I'm sure the 2 regular pepsi's didn't help matters since hubby ran out of diet pop and nobody else had any...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cheat day can be OK as long as you make healthy choices the rest of the week.

    And I think wanting to spend time with your hubby is more important than the gym! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, a cheat day is great if you know when to stop. Unfortunately, I didn't. I had a cheat weekend!! :o) Keep up the great work and try not to stumble like I did LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have left something special for you over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete