Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I'm Alive!

Well, as alive as I can be.

Quick recap of what has gone on over the last 3 weeks..

  • got a cold that kicked me on my ass
  • got over cold
  • went to Florida with Hubs
  • spent almost every night of vacation with a weird nausea feeling (no, I am not preggo!)
  • came back to NYC and went to a bachelorette party
  • got violently ill and got into a cab immediately to go home to Hubs for some snuggles (nope, wasn't drunk)
  • spent the entire next day in the ER with...

.
.
.
.
gallstones!!!!!!!!!!

so, who out there has ever had this?? Basically they did nothing for me in the hospital except pump me with fluids and send me home with a phone number for a surgeon. *sigh*

Since I am no fan of pain.. or hospitals.. or surgery.. I have yet to make an appointment to see him.. Unfortunately, I think the time has come. I just can't eat! Even when I eat low-fat foods, I feel sick. I just can't go on like this.

Anyways.. going to my primary doctor on Thursday and I'll see what he says.. but overall this sucks.

Sorry to all of you out there that look to my blog as some sort of weight loss tool... I haven't been doing too well in that department at all in the last month, but I promise, as soon as I feel a little better, I am back on track!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have had a rough past month. Ive not ever had gallstones, however, I have experienced Kidney stones on several occasions... and they are NOT fun either. Was hospitalized once because of them, the others, they sent me home either telling me to just let them pass or that it was TSS from using tampons...which I RARELY used... and that was ONLY if I was swimming...which I hadn't been...

    Hope you get to feeling better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!! I know nothing about this but it sounds awful!! I hope you feel better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! A friend of mine had gallstones and she completely got rid of them by changing what she was eating. She wanted to avoid surgery, too, so she asked her doctor to give her some time to try some advice from her naturopath. Totally worked! Sending you get well prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! don't worry about weight. worry about your comfort and health and regaining your energy. hope you have someone to baby you!!

    Denise Burks
    www.successfulweightlossinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete