Monday, January 26, 2009

About to start..

Welcome! I am new to the blogging world, but I am very excited to start this thing (the blog AND my journey) and see how it goes :-)

Tonight was my first Weight Watchers meeting, again. I had tried and somewhat succeeded over and over with WW in the past, but this time I am completely 110% committed. As I jumped on the scale and they jotted down my starting weight, I felt the tears well up. 152.6. WOW. I had managed to gain 19 pounds in 4 months. 19. Talk about a reality check.

I took my seat in the meeting and listened to everyone talk about the difficulties of loosing weight and fighting off the urge to eat cake, and after 30 minutes I got up with a renewed sense of "I can do this!"

I called my friend on the way home and she decided that she was going to do this with me. THAT made me very happy.. and knowing I have a little cheerleader makes life that much easier.

Mr. not-so-skinny (we'll call him "Mr. S") has yet to know that I went today... he would be oh-so proud of me.. but that means no more tacos for him (unless he's swinging by the local taco bell) because I just can't have that stuff in the house, and he knows that.

I will post my weight loss/gain story at a later time.. right now it's time for dinner!

TOMORROW IS DAY #1!

Wish me luck!

-Mrs. Skinny

3 comments:

  1. welcome to the blogging community!! you're going to LOVE it!!

    And you've made the first big step by getting back to ww! great job girl! I've done the same thing with ww and this time I'm with you... in it 110%!

    can't wait to hear more...and GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome! blogging reallly does help alot with the weight loss process. Theres always someone there experiencing what your going through that can help and motivate. And congrats for going back to WW. Your going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the very bet on your new venture! Always remember, though, that you are beautiful and incredible no matter what shows up on your scale!

    ReplyDelete