Since my last post I have been a mess. Not in an eating kind of way.. but my body is just on the fritz.
Here's a modified version of what is going on (and maybe someone out there has something insight into all of this because I am at my wits end):
Within the last 6 months I have gained 20 pounds(!!!!!!!!!). Some of that weight I can account for because it was cold and snowy and I spent all of my free time on the couch nibbling on garbage... but 20 pounds..??? come on, something is up... I just don't feel like ME. I'm tired and sluggish all the time which has left me being cranky and irritable. It's just not me.
Anyways..
Fast forward to my last post.. I was all geared up for this challenge with some other bloggies and I had everything set to go (meals planned.. gym dates scheduled..new music uploaded onto the ipod for my cardio) and since I had another week before the challenge was scheduled to begin, I started early. I started to watch what I was eating and killed it in the gym. A few days later I noticed that I just wasn't budging from the scale.. in fact, it was going up. WTF?? Now, I always get a little bit of TOM bloat but I felt (and still feel) horrible.
Then TOM came.. and he has never left. This has been a little over 2 weeks. The first week was just like every other TOM-week.. but last week was like "enough already! please stop!" So, I called the DR and made an appointment for this week because he doesn't want to change my BC pills until they do a sonogram. :sigh:
I also made an appointment for a physical with my primary doctor because I should really get some blood work done and see if there is an underlying issue that is attributing to my sudden and drastic weight gain. (thyroid issues run in my family and last time I went to the doctor he told me I was 'borderline' to having an issue) I go Thursday. If there isn't an issue (which I really hope there isn't) then I know what I have to do.
So that's whats up. I'm sorry to all my peeps out there that I was in the challenge with. I hope you all understand :-)
Friday Faves
5 years ago
Wow, I don't know what to say about the rapid weight gain. Hopefully the doctors will figure something out for you. At first I was thinking that maybe it was just muscle mass since you said you started working out.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry about being the "worse blogger" I am the exact same way. I will go for weeks doing good at blogging daily, or at least every few days then it might be months before I do it again. Just stop in when you can and update us... but try to at least get in each and every day to at least read the posts. You might find lots of motivation in that at least...
Hope you are having a great Easter.
Lisa
I hope one of the Drs is able to give you some answers. First and foremost you must take care of you!
ReplyDeleteNow I am curious to see what "TOM" means LOL (I am that clueless) and I hope your doctor will diagnose you correctly! I am also suffering from weird medical complications and I need to make another appointment with my (new) doctor. Imagine being 9 weeks late and NOT being pregnant... it's quite scary. I will pray for the both of us!!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have been having those kinds of problems. That really stinks! Sounds like going to the doctor is really the best thing right now. Hope they can figure out what's going on. Sending hugs and prayers your way.
ReplyDelete