Thank you to everyone and their kind words! :-)
After 2 doctor's visit and giving up lots of blood this week.. Here is the outcome:
Tuesday's gyno visit went OK. I still had TOM but as soon as he started the procedure for the water sonogram, he noticed that I had a polyp on my cervix. The doc removed it and then checked for 'any other structural abnormalities'... in which I had none. (thank God!) So that visit turned into a happy one. :-)
Fast forward to Thursday.
I had a physical with a new doctor (my old doc didn't take the hubby's insurance *sigh*).
After a review of my family history, then a complete physical, we waited for the bloodwork to confirm what was going on with my body.
Friday afternoon the results were in! Hypothyroidism! (just as the doc thought considering my family history, my menstrual problems, my extreme weight gain, and my sleepiness)
Today is my first day on Synthroid (the hormone that the thyroid makes) and I truly hope that I start to feel more like myself soon! This weekend is our annual Mother/Daughter weekend (something that my Mom and I do every year since my Dad left our family), and we are off to Connecticut to do some gambling and hang out! Weather is supposed to be in the mid-70s, so I'm breaking out the flip flops and my new pair of capris for the occasion.
Sorry if this blog doesn't make complete sense.. I just woke up (it's 6:37am here) and I wanted to update everyone with what the doc said. As of Monday.. I am back on my diet/work out plan. WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!
Friday Faves
5 years ago
well sweetie, I'm glad they figured it out. I too have a Thyroid problem and I feel much better with the meds. You'll be back to normal in no time
ReplyDeleteHugs
Angi
What great news!! That it is something you already suspected due to family history and something that can be treated. Enjoy your weekend. I hope you are feeling full of energy again very soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that the Doctors have figured out what has been bothering you.... Hope that you are feeling back to the norm real soon! Lisa
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got some answers from the doctor! Hope you feel better and enjoyed your weekend getaway. We had a blizzard this weekend, so our weather was a little different. ;-)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you got some answers. My mom and 2 sisters have Hypothyroidism, so they like to keep track of mine just in case.
ReplyDelete